1999 - John R. Lee, M.D. Medical Letter Back Issues
Available in two formats - HTML Text (available for download upon purchase) or Printed Hard Copy.
- The New PREmenopause book
- Prostate Cancer and Hormones
- Dr. Lee's Healthy Prostate Program
- Fen-Phen Users Aren't Getting Better
- Study Shows Pyrethroids Have Estrogen Effects
- Cut the Sugar, Cut the Heart Disease
- Oral B12 Works Well for Pernicious Anemia
- Interview with Dr. David Zava on Teenage Girls, Hormone Balance and Birth Control Pills
- Is Prometrium Affected by the Liver?
- When Is Breast Cancer not Really Breast Cancer?
- How to Find Estriol
- SPECIAL REPORT: The Selling of Fluoridation in America
- Good Reasons to Avoid Fluoride
- Douche with Caution
- Homocysteine Implicated in Alzheimer's
- Another Comeback to the FDA
- Insomnia and Anxiety
- Should You Take Raloxifene?
- Hormones and Blood Clots
- MS and Progesterone
- Three nice letters about pap smears, pregnancy and candida.
- The Role of Thyroid in the Hormonal Orchestra: Is your low thyroid really low or is it just blocked?
- Other Thyroid Blockers
- A Tomato a Day Keeps the Cancer Away
- Do Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs Increase Breast Cancer Risk?
- It's Official: Vietnam Vets Were Harmed by Agent Orange
- Interview with Jerilynn Prior, M.D. on What Makes Your Ovaries Tick
- Progesterone Dosages and Cycles
- Dosage Directions for the Compounding Pharmacist
- Is the Fluoride Level in Your Municipal Water Safe?
- Permission to Copy the Fluoride Article from Feburary 99
- A New Study Showing that Progesterone Stops Harmful Changes in Cholesterol
- Outrageous Examples of Hormone Imbalance: How to tell if your hormones are out of balance and how they get that way.
- The Dance of the Minerals: As minerals enter and exit cells, fluid balance ebbs and flows. (And do you really need to avoid salt or are you just potassium and magnesium deficient?)
- Irritants in Cosmetics
- Is Jet Lag Related to Cortisol Deficiency?
- Drugs that Cause Vitamin Deficiencies
- Interview: Researcher of the Month Willam J.M. Hrushesky, M.D. Biological Cycles and Cancer Outcomes
- St. Luke's Osteoporosis and Progesterone Cream Study (Why Dr. Weil is misinformed.)
- Another Study Shows that Conventional HRT (Premarin and Provera) Do Not Benefit Women with Heart Disease.
- Depo Provera Causes Bone Loss ni Young Women (At a time in life when they should be building it.)
- Announcing John R. Lee M.D.’s Commonsense Guide to a Healthy Heart, a new booklet on preventing and healing heart disease.
- Part I: Xenohormones and Your Health: Unseen, Unknown and Damaging, We can no longer ignore the effects on our children.
- How to Reduce the Xenohormones in Your Environment
- Interview: David Smallbone, M.D. from England, Insights about Osteoporosis and Endometriosis from a British Physician
- More Reasons not to Take Fosamax
- It’s Time to Question Routine Vitamin K Shots in Newborns
- In Sweden Mammograms Don’t Reduce Breast Cancer Deaths
- Changes in Ovaries after Tubal Ligation
- Brown Spots and Cortisol Deficiency
- Progesterone Cream Cures a Cracking Choir Voice
- Testosterone Cream for Lichen Sclerosis
- Does HRT Really Improve Memory? Don't Believe Everything You Hear on the TV News
- The Truth About Estrogen and the Brain
- Xenohormones Part II: Rounding Up the Usual Suspects
- Natural Pest Control
- Vitamin E's Effects on Breast Cells
- An Irritant in Soaps and Shampoos
- Europeans Reject Estrogen-Laced Beef from the U.S.
- Avoid Nightshade Plants Before Surgery
- How to Protect Your Vision with Nutrition: Interview with Marc Rose, M.D.
- Abnormal Pap Smears · Progesterone and Antidepressants
- What Do Sore Nipples Mean in an Elderly Lady?
- Uterine Fibroids, Progesterone and Stress
- Eggs Are Good For You
- The Progesterone Research Institute
- Spin Doctoring Medical Information and How it Misleads the Consumer
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS
- More Fluid Intake = Less Bladder Cancer
- Breast-Fed Babies Have Less Asthma
- Prevent Fractures with Exercise, Drug Monitoring
- Yes, Water Bottles Do Leach Toxins
- Wake-Up Call About Depo-Provera
- Blood Clots and Progesterone
- Low Sperm Count
- Little-Known Risk Factors for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer and Cell Proliferation Caused by Hormones
- Looking for Participants for a New Research Study on PMS and Progesterone
- Big News on the Fluoride Front: Two Renowned Fluoride Scientists Change Positions from Proponents of Fluoridation to Opponents
- Douse Your Heartburn by Treating the Cause
- Causes of Heartburn
- A Source of Hormone-Free Meat
- Studies Show that Endometrial Cancer is Not Inherited
- Too Much Lead Causes Tooth Decay
- Drinking Milk Doesn’t Do a Body Good: Another Risk Factor for Ovarian Cancer
- Resensitization of Breast Cells by Progesterone after Breast Cancer?
- Response to Prevention Magazine’s Article on Progesterone and Osteoporosis
- More on Depo-Provera
- Women in Labor Who Fail to Dilate: Some Possible Causes
- Interview: Researcher Dr. Ercole Cavalieri on Tracking Down the Origins of Cancer
- The Raloxifene Spin: grasping at straws to promote Evista.
- Strokes: Like heart attacks, “brain attacks” are preventable when you have a little knowledge.
- Sex hormones and stroke risk.
- What prevents strokes.
- Gerber goes organic.
- Is your doctor using you in a drug experiment? “Just say No” to new drugs.
- Don’t celebrate Celebrex prematurely.
- A district court pulls the plug on breast cancer claims for raloxifene.
- Interview with Dr. Dean Raffelock on liver function and hormone balance.
- The FDA pulls the plug on a progesterone cream.
- Irregular periods can be due to irregular dosing.
- Gels vs. cream: absorption is not an issue.
- Parathyroid hormone and osteoporosis.
- Alcohol as Medicine: It depends on the individual and on the dose.
- How Estrogen and Progesterone Affect Blood Vessels Preganancy and Aromatherapy: a caution.
- Is Your Incontinence Caused by Drugs?
- Atrazine in the Water Supply.
- Another Source of Hormone-Free Meat.
- Interview with David K. Shefrin on how poor adrenal function affects the rest of the body.
- Progesterone, prolactin and the pituitary.
- Cervical disease and the HPV virus.
- Progesterone and peripheral neuropathy.
- Estradiol is good for the heart in the right amount.
- Whole Foods, Vitamin E and Your Health
- Beware the Endless Search for Designer Estrogens
- Fiber, Fat and Heart Disease (fiber is more important…)
- Nifedipine is a Male Contraceptive
- New Low Dose Contraceptive Pills Have Higher Risk of Blood Clots
- The High Price of a Green Lawn and Bug-Free Home (Pesticides raise risk of breast cancer.)
- Inoculations May be An Rx for Disaster (Getting a vaccination for your child should not be an automatic “yes.”)
- Testosterone and Prostate Cancer
- Saying No to Drugs Makes This Woman Healthy
- Again Do Anti-Perspirants Contribute to Breast Cancer?
- Getting Pregnant with Progesterone and Vitex
- HRT and Pill Increase Cancer Risk
- Progesterone, Progestins and the Heart: More Evidence Against Progestins
- Banish Fear of the New Millenium (And Celebrate the Solstice)
- YO! SOY (A Cautionary Tale): Eat Fermented Soy Foods in Moderation
- Remember CoQ10 for Gum Disease
- Obesity is Associated with Fibroids (and up to 80% of U.S. women have them)
- Another Reason Why Americans Love their Coffee
- Feds Ask Manufacturers to Remove Mercury from Vaccinations
- Interview with George Gillson, M.D., Ph.D. on a Promising New Treatment for MS
- A Bad Reaction to Augmentin, an Antibiotic
- Bavarian Farmers Wonder if Hormone-Laden American Cows Suffer from PMS
- More Thoughts on Vaccinations and Antibodies