1998 - John R. Lee, M.D. Medical Letter Back Issues
Available in two formats - HTML Text (available for download upon purchase) or Printed Hard Copy.
- Preventing and Treating Breast Cancer with Progesterone (Part I)
- How Well is Progesterone Cream Absorbed?
- Hormonal cycles and asthma
- Caution on cholesterol drugs
- Interview with Robert Gottesman, M.D. on symptoms of hormone imbalance
- The Most Common Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
- Answers to questions from readers about headaches, sex drive and when to use estrogen
- Preventing and Treating Breast Cancer with Progesterone (Part II)
- The Tamoxifen Tangle
- The Importance of Individual Uniqueness in Medicine
- Interview with David Zava, Ph.D. on the Dark Side of soy
- How to switch from PremPro and other forms of Premarin and Provera to
- natural hormones
- Progesterone and pregnancy
- The new "designer" estrogens
- Hang Onto Your Ovaries if You Can
- Ovarian Cancer and its Causes
- A Highly Accurate Test for Cancer
- Dr. Lee's Basic Breast Cancer Prevention Program
- Progesterone goes Mainstream
- How Diuretics can Harm You
- Interview with Jesse Hanley, M.D. on Hormone Balance and Herbs
- What Dose of Estrogen Should You Take?
- Progesterone and Nursing
- Is Androstenedione for You?
- Cholestin and the FDA
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Cholesterol
- Throw Away Your Fosamax: Here's Why
- Caution on Spermicides
- Don't Get Liver Damage from Acetaminophen
- How to Avoid Being a Drug Company Guinea Pig
- Interview with James Kwako, M.D. on recognizing and treating tired adrenals
- Treating endometriosis
- There's a lot more than pregnant mare's estrogen in Premarin
- Women's Heart Attacks, Heart Disease and Hormones
- Does Provera Cause Heart Attacks?
- Practical Ways to Prevent Heart Disease
- Ibuprofen can cause chronic stomach upset
- The morning after pill
- Avoid this new oral diabetes drug
- Interview with Kent Hermsmeyer, Ph.D. on heart disease and hormones
- Does progesterone reduce cholesterol levels?
- Progesterone and the prostate
- More on progesterone and tamoxifen
- Getting Pregnant and Staying Pregnant
- Why Pregnancy May Be Inconceivable
- A New Progestin Patch
- Warning About a Deadly Drug
- Lies About Pesticides
- A Secret to Longevity
- Interview with Carolyn DeMarco, M.D. on natural treatments for fibroids and heavy bleeding.
- How Sarah almost lost her uterus
- A large study showing no heart benefit from HRT
- Osteoporosis Diagnosis and Treatments
- Improving Bone Health without Drugs
- What Your Doctor May Not Know About Bone Density Measurement
- Bone Collagen and Fluoride
- The Disadvantage of Advantage for flea control
- Top Prescribed Drugs in the U.S.
- Progesterone and Senility
- European Tamoxifen Studies
- New study showing progesterone's beneficial effect on breast tissue.
- More on Soy
- Progesterone Questions
- Dry Eyes and Progesterone
- Estrogen and Progesterone-positive Receptors on Tumors
- Hormones for Premenopausal Women with Complete hysterectomy
- The Estrogen Question: Guidelines for supplementing safely and effectively
- Which Estrogen to Use and How Much
- Low Dose Birth Control Pills: Really Safe?
- Formby and Wiley Publish
- Progestins, Progesterone and Endometrial Cancer
- Interview with Helene Leonetti, M.D. on the first FDA-approved study of
- natural progesterone cream
- The Estraderm patch
- Fibroids and RU486
- A Mystery Solved! It wasn't about medical research it was about product promotion.
- Stories from my Clinical Practice
- A Pop Quiz: What's Your Hormone IQ?
- Take Plastic Instead of Premarin?
- Another Cousin of Fosamax
- A New Study Showing Dangers of Fosamax
- Interview with Phillip Incao, M.D. on a new attitude toward fevers in children.
- PMS in Teen Girls
- Acne and Oily Skin
- Alzheimer's and Estrogen
- Ovarian Cancer and Birth Control Pills
- New Book on Premenopause: What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About
- Premenopause: Balance Your Life and Your Hormones from Thirty to Fifty.